Old 08-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Ahmed Kamal

Default UEC Book wiki page

Hi folks,

As it stands, we have a lot of valuable information about UEC on the
wiki, however there is no complete guide that a newbie can read start
to finish. I took a first shot at creating one here

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEC/Book

Please let me know if we should add/remove/shuffle things around in
that page.

Moreover, while reviewing all pages we have available, I spotted a few
problems (AFAICT) with some of them. Here's a listing

I suspect some pages in that table, will actually belong to the
book page, and vice versa, so awaiting your feedback

Page
Problem

UEC/BaseServerIntall
Where does that fit in ? Is it needed ?

UEC/NodeInstallation
Obsoleted

UEC/NodeInstallationSeparate
Obsoleted, Same and older than UEC/NodeInstallation
?!

UEC/PublicSSHKeys
Obsoleted

UEC/RegisteringNodes
Duplicates UEC/NodeRegistration

UEC/Registration
Obsoletes UEC/SSHKeyAuthSetup
? Obsoletes UEC/RegisteringNodes

UEC/SSHKeyAuthSetup
Obsoleted

Note1: That book should certainly only be created out of existing
pages, not copying around any existing data

Note2: Do we all agree that it's best to have specific pages targetting
specific topics with a top level page such as this Book page collecting
them. I think that's the case, and I'd rather refactor any large
multi-topic pages into small focused ones

Regards