Old 08-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Tapas Mishra

Default rtmp redirection at gateway

Hi,

I have multiple video streaming servers running on some machines
internally on LAN.

which serve the request on LAN as

rtmp://site1.mydomain.com
rtmp://site2.mydomain.com
rtmp://site3.mydomain.com
rtmp://site4.mydomain.com

Now I have to bring them to internet.
I want these streaming servers on LAN to be hidden from the end user.
We do not want to run them on different ports on internet.

rtmp://site1.mydomain.com:8001
rtmp://site2.mydomain.com:8002
rtmp://site3.mydomain.com:8003
rtmp://site4.mydomain.com:8004

We want all of the request coming from internet to come in form
rtmp://site1.mydomain.com

i.e. at port 1935 to the internet gateway and this gateway upon
checking the hostname
redirect internally the request to correct machine.
What approach should I use in this scenario?
Or what keyword should I search in Google?

--
Tapas
http://mightydreams.blogspot.com