-   -   Ubuntu Server Geo-Map - Celebrating 10.04.1 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-server-development/410387-ubuntu-server-geo-map-celebrating-10-04-1-a.html)

Dave Walker 08-09-2010 11:22 AM

Ubuntu Server Geo-Map - Celebrating 10.04.1

Hi All,

As part of the celebration of the 10.04.1 (point) release, which we feel
is important to users of Ubuntu Server. The ever awesome Ahmed Kamal
has created a map showing the users. I won't repeat much of what he has
said in his blog article, perhaps just read it there.

Blog post explaining it all:
http://foss-boss.blogspot.com/2010/08/ubuntu-server-10041-virtual-release.html
Application URL: http://maps.ubuntu.com/

(Note, it doesn't store personal information and the location is based
on geo-ip - which is not known for it's accuracy - but will at least
show the country!).

Thanks all.

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker