FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Andreas Olsson
 
Default uptime

sön 2010-07-25 klockan 20:24 +0530 skrev Kaushal Shriyan:
> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Benjamin Griese <der.darude@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Vers funny :-)
> > Just write the subject onto your Terminal.
> >
> > Bye.
>
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to know it in hrs:mm:secs

Take a look at /proc/uptime. The first value is the system uptime
measured in seconds.

// Andreas
--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 07-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Kaushal Shriyan
 
Default uptime

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Rafik Ouerchefani <rafik@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
>
> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Benjamin Griese <der.darude@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Vers funny :-)
>> > Just write the subject onto your Terminal.
>> >
>> > Bye.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wanted to know it in hrs:mm:secs
>>
>
> Hello,
> rafik@laptoppy:~$ cat /proc/uptime
> 9617.88 16130.95
> The first number is the uptime in seconds. Now you need to convert it into
> hh:mm:ss (google...).
> - Rafik
Hi Rafik

Thanks a lot, what does the second number denotes ?

Kaushal

--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 07-25-2010, 06:10 PM
Neil Cherry
 
Default uptime

On 07/25/2010 10:56 AM, Karl Larsen wrote:
> On 07/25/2010 08:47 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

>> I wanted to know it in hrs:mm:secs

> me. Here is what I get:
>
>
> karl@Lucid:~$ uptime
> 08:52:35 up 1 day, 3:38, 2 users, load average: 0.86, 0.50, 0.34
> karl@Lucid:~$
>
> It has been up 1 day, and 3:38 which I think is 3 hours and 38 minutes.
> There are no "seconds"


No, there is no spoon ... :-)

Karl, that's because you don't know where to look. Take a look here:

cat /proc/uptime

But I'm not doing the rest of his homework for the OP (sounds like homework).
After that google is your friend (for the OP).

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry ncherry@linuxha.com
http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site
http://linuxha.blogspot.com/ My HA Blog
Author of: Linux Smart Homes For Dummies

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Karl Larsen
 
Default uptime

On 07/25/2010 12:10 PM, Neil Cherry wrote:
> On 07/25/2010 10:56 AM, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> On 07/25/2010 08:47 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>>
>
>>> I wanted to know it in hrs:mm:secs
>>>
>
>> me. Here is what I get:
>>
>>
>> karl@Lucid:~$ uptime
>> 08:52:35 up 1 day, 3:38, 2 users, load average: 0.86, 0.50, 0.34
>> karl@Lucid:~$
>>
>> It has been up 1 day, and 3:38 which I think is 3 hours and 38 minutes.
>> There are no "seconds"
>>
>
> No, there is no spoon ... :-)
>
> Karl, that's because you don't know where to look. Take a look here:
>
> cat /proc/uptime
>
> But I'm not doing the rest of his homework for the OP (sounds like homework).
> After that google is your friend (for the OP).
>
>
I have never heard of this and I am not sure what it is. Can
YOU read this?

karl@Lucid:~$ cat /proc/uptime
114394.17 108127.69

Too large numbers. What is it?

73 Karl



--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.
Key ID = 3951B48D



--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Rafik Ouerchefani
 
Default uptime

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:


On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 8:51 PM, Rafik Ouerchefani <rafik@ubuntu.com> wrote:

>

>

> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com>

> wrote:

>>

>> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Benjamin Griese <der.darude@gmail.com>

>> wrote:

>> > Vers funny :-)

>> > Just write the subject onto your Terminal.

>> >

>> > Bye.

>>

>> Hi,

>>

>> I wanted to know it in hrs:mm:secs

>>

>

> Hello,

> rafik@laptoppy:~$ cat /proc/uptime

> 9617.88 16130.95

> The first number is the uptime in seconds. Now you need to convert it into

> hh:mm:ss (google...).

> - Rafik

Hi Rafik



Thanks a lot, what does the second number denotes ?



Kaushal



Hi,
from : $ man proc*| grep uptime
** /proc/uptime** * * * * * *This file contains two numbers: the uptime of the system (seconds), and the amount of time spent in idle process (seconds).


Cheers,
- Rafik
--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 07-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Robert Holtzman
 
Default uptime

On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 09:45:03AM -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> On 7/25/10 9:42 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > is there a way to know what time is the system is up and running in hrs:mm:secs
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Kaushal
> >
>
> Your title says it all. "uptime" is the command.

My laptop shows:

holtzm@localhost:~$ uptime
12:50:07 up 44 min, 4 users, load average: 0.10, 0.18, 0.36

4 users???!!! Can someone clarify this for me?

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279
"If you think you're getting free lunch,
check the price of the beer"
--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Barry Premeaux
 
Default uptime

> * * * * I have never heard of this and I am not sure what it is. Can
> YOU read this?
>
> karl@Lucid:~$ cat /proc/uptime
> 114394.17 108127.69
>
> Too large numbers. What is it?
>

Karl,

Rounded off, it basically says you have been up for 1 Day 7 Hours and 46 Min.
Of that, you have been idle for 1 Day 6 Hrs and 2 Min.

Based upon this:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/en-US/Reference_Guide/s2-proc-uptime.html

Barry

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Conny Enström
 
Default uptime

2010-07-25 21:54, Robert Holtzman skrev:
> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 09:45:03AM -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
>> On 7/25/10 9:42 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is there a way to know what time is the system is up and running in hrs:mm:secs
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Kaushal
>>>
>>
>> Your title says it all. "uptime" is the command.
>
> My laptop shows:
>
> holtzm@localhost:~$ uptime
> 12:50:07 up 44 min, 4 users, load average: 0.10, 0.18, 0.36
>
> 4 users???!!! Can someone clarify this for me?
>
>

I have 2 users, see what the command 'who'says.


--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Tony Pursell
 
Default uptime

On Sun, 2010-07-25 at 13:03 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> On 07/25/2010 12:10 PM, Neil Cherry wrote:
> > On 07/25/2010 10:56 AM, Karl Larsen wrote:
> >
> >> On 07/25/2010 08:47 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> >>
> >
> >>> I wanted to know it in hrs:mm:secs
> >>>
> >
> >> me. Here is what I get:
> >>
> >>
> >> karl@Lucid:~$ uptime
> >> 08:52:35 up 1 day, 3:38, 2 users, load average: 0.86, 0.50, 0.34
> >> karl@Lucid:~$
> >>
> >> It has been up 1 day, and 3:38 which I think is 3 hours and 38 minutes.
> >> There are no "seconds"
> >>
> >
> > No, there is no spoon ... :-)
> >
> > Karl, that's because you don't know where to look. Take a look here:
> >
> > cat /proc/uptime
> >
> > But I'm not doing the rest of his homework for the OP (sounds like homework).
> > After that google is your friend (for the OP).
> >
> >
> I have never heard of this and I am not sure what it is. Can
> YOU read this?
>
> karl@Lucid:~$ cat /proc/uptime
> 114394.17 108127.69
>
> Too large numbers. What is it?
>
> 73 Karl
>

man proc

Tony

--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 
Old 07-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Ric Moore
 
Default uptime

On Sun, 2010-07-25 at 12:54 -0700, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 09:45:03AM -0500, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> > On 7/25/10 9:42 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > is there a way to know what time is the system is up and running in hrs:mm:secs
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Kaushal
> > >
> >
> > Your title says it all. "uptime" is the command.
>
> My laptop shows:
>
> holtzm@localhost:~$ uptime
> 12:50:07 up 44 min, 4 users, load average: 0.10, 0.18, 0.36
>
> 4 users???!!! Can someone clarify this for me?

Mine is now showing 3 users. I'm logged into X, with two terminal
windows open. Nope, just closed one terminal, exited out of a text
terminal login (F1), and it still shows 3 users now. Weird. Ric

wayward4now@iam:/opt/media/video$ who
wayward4now tty8 2010-07-23 02:09 (:0)
wayward4now pts/0 2010-07-23 02:09 (:0)
wayward4now@iam:/opt/media/video$ uptime
19:04:25 up 4 days, 18:00, 3 users, load average: 0.72, 0.61, 0.42
wayward4now@iam:/opt/media/video$

who is only showing two users.
/var/run/utmp seems to be empty. Is that a bad thing?? Ric







--
ubuntu-users mailing list
ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:20 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org