-   -   Configuring bridges to use with KVM (SOLVED) (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-server-development/398230-configuring-bridges-use-kvm-solved.html)

carlopmart 07-12-2010 05:39 PM

Configuring bridges to use with KVM (SOLVED)

Ok, I have found the solution after several attempts:

auto intprodif
iface intprodif inet manual
bridge_ports none
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 9
bridge_hello 2
bridge_maxage 12

Many thanks to all.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com

Jorge Armando Medina 07-12-2010 07:11 PM

Configuring bridges to use with KVM (SOLVED)

carlopmart 07-12-2010 07:18 PM

On 07/12/2010 09:11 PM, Jorge Armando Medina wrote:

> On 07/12/2010 12:39 PM, carlopmart wrote:
>> Ok, I have found the solution after several attempts:
>>
>> auto intprodif
>> iface intprodif inet manual
>> bridge_ports none
>> bridge_stp off
>> bridge_fd 9
>> bridge_hello 2
>> bridge_maxage 12
>>
>> Many thanks to all.
>>

> You are right, you need to use manual and none for the ports, also, if
> you want to create a "internal" network or internal "virtual switch" I
> recommend you to use de dummy driver and create a dummy interface.

Uhmmm, why?? for performance?? security??

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com