Old 06-14-2010, 12:50 AM
Chuck Short

Default Server Team Meeting Minutes

Sorry for being late.

==== Agenda ====

Items we will be discussing:
* Review ACTION points from previous meeting
* ACTION: all to run ISO testing coverage on alpha1
* ACTION: smoser to ensure cloud images make it to the alpha1 iso
tracker - Carry over
* ACTION: smoser to coordinate with jjohansen and ttx to provide a
more detailed work item overview for
server-maverick-cloud-kernel-upgrades - Carry over
* ACTION: sommer to present list of sections that need input from
server team
* Maverick development (jib)
* Alpha2 subcycle status (ttx)
* UEC related specs (jib)
* Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh)
* Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)
* atop kernel patch
* Bug:587893: linux-image-2.6.34-5-virtual is oversized, results in
oversized server ISO
* Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer)
* Papercuts Alpha2 subcycle status (ttx)
* Weekly SRU review:
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#SRU%20weekly%
20review]] (mathiaz)
* Open Discussion
* Announce next meeting date and time
* Tuesday 2010-06-15 at 1800 UTC - #ubuntu-meeting

==== Minutes ====

## Use title4 (ie ======== ) for each section of the minutes
## Only topics discussed during the meetings should be put in the
minutes.
## Status reporting is done via another channel.

==== Action Points from Previous Meetings ====

* Action: Alpha 1 testing - Alpha1 testing went well, nothing appear to
blow up, only had 50% coverage for Alpha1 need more for Alpha2
[ACTION] ttx to coordinate testing for Alpha 2

* Action: smoser to ensure cloud images make it for Alpha. This was
done and tested. Now that slangasek doesnt do release management anymore
someone
else needs to be trained.
[ACTION] smoser to train someone on the release team on the cloud image
release.

* Action: smoser to coordinate with jjohansen and ttx to provide a more
detailed work item overview for server-maverick-cloud-kernel-upgrades.
Action has been carried over

* Action: sommer to present a list of sections that need input from the
server team. No action was taken. Action has been carried over.

==== Maverick Development ====

The burn down chart is looking a little twisted due to the appearance of
the UEC blueprints and more. All high specs should be 25% completion and
that is not the case. It is
worrying that at least 3 of the high specs have 0/1 items done and no
status update. As a reminder please update your status and work items by
EOB Monday. With regards to UEC specs a
split has been made for the work between alpha2/3 and onwards and we'd
like to make sure this reflects reality

[ACTION] all to keep their specs uptodate with workitems (4-16 hours
each) and update their status monday EOB

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh) ====

Carlos remarked that:

1. UEC test rig is ready to test the new SRUs
2. I cannot put Maverick in right now due to bug #588861
3. I am indeed a bit behind, but should catch up fast

After that a whole discussion about SRU processes and sponsorship
processes took place revolving around mongodb.

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen) ====

Jjohansen will look at atop patches and how important they are. Ttx
mentioned that 587893 was fixed and that a maverick backport kernel was
available. Jjohansen said he would review the patchset, we are concerned
with possibe performance degradation and breakage.

==== Papercuts Alpha2 subcycle status (ttx) ====

There was 14 targets nominated and 4 were fixed.

==== Stable Release Updates ====

No bugs were nominated for SRU backports.

==== Open Discussion ====

None

==== Next Meeting ====

The next meeting will be at Tuesday 2010-06-15 at 1800 UTC -
#ubuntu-meeting.

======== Agree on next meeting date and time ========

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, June 15th at 15:00 UTC in
#ubuntu-meeting.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:26 PM
"Miano, Steven M."

In regards to the "run ISO testing coverage on alpha 1"...

I started seeding the Alpha 1 today on 3 different boxes from 3 different locations to supplement the current 3 that are out there. It doesn't seem like there is a lot of activity/interest in this, but still, I will keep the seeds up and running until at least Wednesday at around the same time (1630 est).

I'd like to attend the server meeting(s).

Take care,

Steven

Old 06-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Nicolas Barcet

On 06/14/2010 02:50 AM, Chuck Short wrote:
[...]
> ==== Next Meeting ====
>
> The next meeting will be at Tuesday 2010-06-15 at 1800 UTC -
> #ubuntu-meeting.
>
> ======== Agree on next meeting date and time ========
>
> Next meeting will be on Tuesday, June 15th at 15:00 UTC in
> #ubuntu-meeting.

Hmm... Is the meeting at 15UTC or 18UTC? I guess the later, and as
usual won't be able to attend, but was wondering.

Nick

Old 06-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Thierry Carrez

Nicolas Barcet wrote:
> On 06/14/2010 02:50 AM, Chuck Short wrote:
> [...]
>> ==== Next Meeting ====
>>
>> The next meeting will be at Tuesday 2010-06-15 at 1800 UTC -
>> #ubuntu-meeting.
>>
>> ======== Agree on next meeting date and time ========
>>
>> Next meeting will be on Tuesday, June 15th at 15:00 UTC in
>> #ubuntu-meeting.
>
> Hmm... Is the meeting at 15UTC or 18UTC? I guess the later, and as
> usual won't be able to attend, but was wondering.

1800 UTC.

--
Thierry Carrez
Technical lead, Ubuntu server team || Canonical Ltd.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:51 AM
Chuck Short

Sorry this was late

-- chuck

=====

=== Actions from previous meeting ===

No action was required from the previous meeting.

=== Natty Development ===

Last week alpha3 was released. Blueprints work items should be marked
as postponed if they were completed. Everyone should have been doing
ISO testing last week as well.

[ACTION] Everybody should be doing ISO testing.

=== Ubuntu Server Team Events ===

No new events, but UDS is coming up pretty quickly.

=== Weekly Updates and Questions from the QA Team (hggdh) ===

Hggdh mentioned that he would need help in Alpha 3 testing and some
baremetal installs would help.

=== Weekly Updates and Questions fromt the kernel team (smb) ===

Smb mentioned there was some EC2 testing fallout, some xfs
regresssions, and nome nasty Lucid behavior in net name space (Bug
#720095, Bug #725089, Bug #692848)

=== Weekly Updates from the Server Community team (kim0) ===

Ubuntu cloud days is coming soon
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuCloudDays) which is basically similar to
UDW but focus on the cloud.

=== Open Discussion ===

I mentioned that we want to add lxc containers support to the UEC
images and there was no points raised. This would make things like
openstack testing much easier.

=== Next Meeting date and Time ===

Tuesday March 8, 2011 16:00 UTC