-   -   tips setting up DRBD and hearbeat to create high-availability virtual machines (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-server-development/385474-tips-setting-up-drbd-hearbeat-create-high-availability-virtual-machines.html)

scar 06-14-2010 03:31 AM

tips setting up DRBD and hearbeat to create high-availability virtual machines

Paul Elliott 06-18-2010 08:48 AM

tips setting up DRBD and hearbeat to create high-availability virtual machines

Hi scar,

On 14/06/10 04:31, scar wrote:
> can anyone comment on any extra care or knowledge that may be needed to
> cluster virtual machines, or should it not be any different than
> clustering 'regular' partitions?

It might be worth having a look at Ganeti, it sounds exactly like the
solution you're looking for, although I haven't tried it myself yet:

http://www.lancealbertson.com/2010/05/creating-a-scalable-virtualization-cluster-with-ganeti/

--
Paul Elliott, UNIX Systems Administrator
Computing Service, University of York