Old 06-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Imre Gergely

Default Install 10.04 on software raid

Maybe you have this problem? Just a guess... are those sata HDDs 500GB
in size?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/569900

--
Imre Gergely
Yahoo!: gergelyimre | ICQ#: 101510959

Old 06-09-2010, 07:14 AM
Peter van Arkel

On Tue, 08 Jun 2010, lzantal wrote:

> I am trying to install 10.04LTS on 3 sata hdd with software raid 5.
> The install goes without any issue but when I try to boot into the new
> system it fails to boot.

Is /boot also on the raid5 array? This generally doesn't tend to work well
unless it's a hardware raid5 solution, afaik.

Peter van Arkel
T: +31 623988844 | p.vanarkel@gmail.com
RIPE: PvA63-RIPE | PGP: 0xA0991D6B

Old 06-09-2010, 07:20 AM
David Peall

On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 09:14 +0200, Peter van Arkel wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Jun 2010, lzantal wrote:
>
> > I am trying to install 10.04LTS on 3 sata hdd with software raid 5.
> > The install goes without any issue but when I try to boot into the new
> > system it fails to boot.
>
> Is /boot also on the raid5 array? This generally doesn't tend to work well
> unless it's a hardware raid5 solution, afaik.

Did it give you at then end of the install an option to install grub on
all drives ?

--
David Peall
Domain Name Services

Old 06-10-2010, 08:23 PM
lzantal

Hi,

Thank you for the help.
No it did not give that option.
I am booting into rescue mode right now and will try to install grub
on all drives.

lzantal

Old 06-10-2010, 08:24 PM
lzantal