FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Server Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-03-2010, 08:58 PM
"Abadie Pablo"
 
Default Changing the font size on the server screen

Dear
Ubuntu community,


*


I
need to know if there is a way to change the font size in the server 10.04
version. Im using a big lcd monitor and it is difficult to use for my visual
problems.


*


Thanks
you very much.


*


Pablo.








Disclaimer:
================================================== ====================
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS E-MAIL IS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL AND IS
INTENDED FOR THE EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE ADDRESSEE DESIGNATED ABOVE.
If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction distribution, or other
dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic mail by error please contact us immediately
by telephone: +54-11-4010-6000 or by e-mail: info@nec.com.ar.


P Por favor considere el impacto
en el medio ambiente antes de imprimir este e-mail.

--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 06-04-2010, 04:22 AM
Jorge Armando Medina
 
Default Changing the font size on the server screen

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 06/03/2010 03:58 PM, Abadie Pablo wrote:
> Dear Ubuntu community,
>
>
>
> I need to know if there is a way to change the font size in the server 10.04 version. Im using a big lcd monitor and it is difficult to use for my visual problems.
>
>

Take a look to the /etc/default/console-setup file, I think that is what
you need, if not probably you need framebuffer.

>
> Thanks you very much.
>
>
>
> Pablo.
>
>
> <p class=MsoNormal><b><font
> size=1 color=black face=Verdana><span lang=ES-AR style='font-size:7.5pt;
> font-family:Verdana;color:black;font-weight:bold'>Disclaimer:
> ================================================== ====================
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
> THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS E-MAIL IS PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL AND IS
> INTENDED FOR THE EXCLUSIVE USE OF THE ADDRESSEE DESIGNATED ABOVE.
> If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction distribution, or other
> dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
> If you have received this electronic mail by error please contact us immediately
> by telephone: +54-11-4010-6000 or by e-mail: info@nec.com.ar</span></font></b><b><font
> size=1 color=green face="Arial Narrow"><span lang=ES-AR style='font-size:7.5pt;
> font-family:"Arial Narrow";color:green;font-weight:bold'>.</span></font></b><font
> size=1 color=green><span lang=ES-AR style='font-size:7.5pt;color:green'><o></o></span></font></p>
>
> <p class=MsoNormal><b><font size=6 color=green face=Webdings><span lang=EN-GB
> style='font-size:24.0pt;font-family:Webdings;color:green;font-weight:bold'>P </span></font></b><b><font
> size=1 color=green face=Verdana><span lang=ES-AR style='font-size:7.5pt;
> font-family:Verdana;color:green;font-weight:bold'>Por favor considere el impacto
> en el medio ambiente antes de imprimir este e-mail</span></font></b><b><font
> size=1 color=green face="Arial Narrow"><span lang=ES-AR style='font-size:7.5pt;
> font-family:"Arial Narrow";color:green;font-weight:bold'>.</span></font></b><font
> size=1 color=green><span lang=ES-AR style='font-size:7.5pt;color:green'><o></o></span></font></p>
>


- --
Compugraf
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iEYEARECAAYFAkwIf3YACgkQxXSEIijkBjKBAwCfcc5yJqKtPJ zAGOV/Dkj0SguX
mXwAn3c7QTy5nHrHuZCXsamZstOOe1n3
=kRvR
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 
Old 06-04-2010, 04:28 AM
Dustin Kirkland
 
Default Changing the font size on the server screen

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 3:58 PM, Abadie Pablo <PAbadie@nec.com.ar> wrote:
> I need to know if there is a way to change the font size in the server 10.04 version. Im using a big lcd monitor and it is difficult to use for my visual problems.

sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup

Click through a bunch of questions in there, and one of the last ones
will be about the console font size.

--
ubuntu-server mailing list
ubuntu-server@lists.ubuntu.com
https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-server
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:01 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org