Old 05-26-2010, 05:46 PM
Eric Peters

Default General question or experiences about Landscape/Ubuntu Cloud /Cluster functionality.

Hey all,

My lead developer has been thinking about putting our SAAS
application (java / postgresql) in a cluster/cloud. He has used ROCKS
cluster in the past, and touts it's advantage of deploying thousands
of machines in the same amount of time to as it takes to deploy two.
More info about ROCKS here http://www.rocksclusters.org. Problem is
ROCKS is Red Hat only. As it stands now I have the devs onboard with
Ubuntu and have migrated away from RHEL 4, but the lead has tasked me
to start to take a look at a ROCKS type solution. Any experience,
insight, about Landscape, Ubuntu Cloud, or some other type of
software/service that provides something like ROCKS does?

Thanks for your time,

Eric