Old 05-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Lox

Default Please Help! My RAID5 array is broken !

Hello,

After a reboot, my raid5 array fails. I cannot boot the system at all
and only have the initramfs command line.

Here is what cat proc/mdstat gives me about my raid5 partition:

md0: inactive sdc[3](S) sdb5[1](S) sda5[0](S)

When I do

mdadm --assemble --scan --force

I get mdadm: /dev/md0 has been started with 2 drives (out of 3) and 1 spare.

Here is what cat proc/mdstat gives me
md0 : active raid5 sda5[0] sdc5[3] sdb5[1]
... 2[3/2] [UU_]

And it shows me the recovery progress bar.

After a while, I get:
raid5 : Disk failure on sdb5, disabling device.
raid5: Operation continuing on 1 devices.

Here is what cat proc/mdstat gives me:
md0 : active raid5 sda5[0] sdc[3](S) sdb5[4](F)

I am stuck there. How can I reassemble the raid5 array with sda and sdc ?

--
Lox
lox.dev@knc.nc