Old 05-05-2010, 02:21 AM
Andy Smith

Default boot messages to hvc0, not tty7?

Hello,

I'm trying out 10.04 under Xen for the first time and I notice that
boot messages from the init scripts in /etc/init.d don't show up any
more. I'm guessing this is because of the use of plymouth which I
have read directs them to tty7 now.

The problem is, as this is a Xen domU, I don't have a tty7. I'd like
these to remain on hvc0, which seems appropriate for a server
install.

Is this possible?

Cheers,
Andy

Old 05-05-2010, 02:41 AM
Andy Smith

On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 02:21:15AM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> I'm trying out 10.04 under Xen for the first time and I notice that
> boot messages from the init scripts in /etc/init.d don't show up any
> more. I'm guessing this is because of the use of plymouth which I
> have read directs them to tty7 now.

I think I should be blaming upstart instead as I was basing my lack
of boot messages on not seeing sshd start, but now I see that was
started from /etc/init/ssh.conf, not /etc/init.d/ssh.

Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,
Andy

Old 05-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Greg Durrant

can i just ask is this a problem? as i have started to use a ubuntu
server 10.04 on Xen(xenserver citrix) and have found it is working ok,
apart from i have screwed up samba some how, but trying to resolve it
as i type

fog_0.28 seems to work well tho!

Mr
Durrant