Old 04-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Krzysztof Klimonda

Default Lucid on linode?

On Wed, 2010-04-28 at 18:02 -0300, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> No, I didn't change it to pv-grub-*. In fact, I never heard of it
> before, what does it do? It uses the guest kernel? "pv" sounds
> suspiciously like "para-virtual"
Right, pv-grub-* is used to boot custom kernels. You can read more about
it at http://library.linode.com/advanced/pv-grub-howto and
http://www.linode.com/wiki/index.php/PV-GRUB (I think it requires grub1
as pv-grub on linode is configured to look for a menu.lst to get
configuration). I'm not sure if all lucid kernels are built with
CONFIG_XEN and the rest of crack, I use linux-image-virtual myself.

--
Best regards,
Krzysztof Klimonda

Old 04-28-2010, 09:12 PM