Old 04-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Andreas Hasenack

Default Lucid on linode?

Has anybody had success running current lucid on a linode
(www.linode.com) machine? I get plymouth errors during boot:

(...)
Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 1252k

init: ureadahead main process (978) terminated with status 5

udevd[1004]: failed to create queue file: No such file or directory

udevd[1004]: error creating queue file

init: udev main process (1004) terminated with status 1

init: udev main process ended, respawning

init: udevmonitor main process (1006) terminated with status 2

udevadm[1723]: error sending message: Connection refused

mountall: Disconnected from Plymouth

init: plymouth main process (979)
killed by SEGV signal
init: plymouth-splash main process (1724) terminated with status 2

I tried all kernels they had:
2.6.18.8-linode22
2.6.32-linode23
2.6.32-linode24
2.6.32.12-linode25 (paravirt)

The one that got the furthest was 2.6.18.8, but it dropped to a recovery
shell.

I used their karmic image and then did a release upgrade
(non-interactive). I also later installed (after booting into linode's
recovery iso) linux-image-virtual because some forum thread suggested
that it would work, but it didn't help.

- --
Andreas Hasenack
andreas@canonical.com