Old 04-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Alvin

Default Lucid: LVM snapshots on RAID1

Dustin Kirkland kindly requested me not to hijack his thread for this purpose,
so this is a new one. I hereby apologize.

I'm looking for people to confirm https://launchpad.net/bugs/563895
What you need is a system running Lucid on mdadm RAID1 with 1 LVM volume
group, spanning the entire md.
Then create a snapshot and reboot. If I'm correct, you will land in a grub
rescue shell. In that case, please set the above bug to confirmed.

If it is confirmed, this should make it to the release notes.