-   -   Are pacmaker/corosync ready for production systems with Lucid Server? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-server-development/361472-pacmaker-corosync-ready-production-systems-lucid-server.html)

carlopmart 04-24-2010 05:24 PM

Ante Karamatić wrote:
> On 24.04.2010 18:45, Ante Karamatić wrote:
>
>>> Which cluster stack will be released with LTS support for Lucid server: pacemaker
>>> or redhat-cluster-suite??
>> RHCS is main, pacemaker is in universe.
>
> Just a side note. LTS means that all packages in main will be supported
> for a long term (by community and Canonical). That doesn't mean that
> universe packages won't be. In this particular case (pacemaker) it's of
> my (vital) interest to have it fully supported cause of my business
> needs; therefor I'll devote my time to keep it in shape. Some companies
> may find one software/tool/package business critical, others might not.
>
> Look at ClamAV PPA for comparison.

Thanks Ante. But one question: packages released on PPA channel (in this case
pacemaker and rhcs) have long term support or do I need to use main and universe repos?

Thanks.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com

Ante Karamatić 04-24-2010 05:34 PM

On 24.04.2010 19:24, carlopmart wrote:

> Thanks Ante. But one question: packages released on PPA channel (in this case
> pacemaker and rhcs) have long term support or do I need to use main and universe repos?

Only packages in distribution, marked with 'Supported' are long term
supported (ex. apt-cache show bash). PPAs are not part of Ubuntu
distribution, but in most cases, they are maintained by Ubuntu developers :)