Old 04-24-2010, 04:45 PM
Ante Karamatić

Default Are pacmaker/corosync ready for production systems with Lucid Server?

On 24.04.2010 13:20, carlopmart wrote:

> Several weeks ago I have do it some tests with two kvm lucid guests using
> corosync/pacemaker cluster stack. Some tests works ok and anothers not.

Could you be more specific? Which tests didn't work? They all should work.

> But due to inminent Lucid 10.04 LTS release, is lucid cluster stack
> (pacemaker/corosync) ready for production systems?? Or is it better to use
> redhat-cluster-suite??

You can use pacemaker in ubuntu lucid for high availability. It's not in
main cause of several reasons, most important are of packaging nature
and lack of time to do it before release.

Keep an eye on ubuntu-ha PPA. We (ubuntu-ha) will provide stable
releases of pacemaker and rhcs trough that PPA. We will have staging and
production ready repositories.

> Which cluster stack will be released with LTS support for Lucid server: pacemaker
> or redhat-cluster-suite??

RHCS is main, pacemaker is in universe.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Ante Karamatić

On 24.04.2010 18:45, Ante Karamatić wrote:

>> Which cluster stack will be released with LTS support for Lucid server: pacemaker
>> or redhat-cluster-suite??
>
> RHCS is main, pacemaker is in universe.

Just a side note. LTS means that all packages in main will be supported
for a long term (by community and Canonical). That doesn't mean that
universe packages won't be. In this particular case (pacemaker) it's of
my (vital) interest to have it fully supported cause of my business
needs; therefor I'll devote my time to keep it in shape. Some companies
may find one software/tool/package business critical, others might not.

Look at ClamAV PPA for comparison.