Old 04-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Andrew Dunn

Default mdadm 2.6.7.1-1ubuntu15 -> 3.0.3

Is there a system for someone to make a propositon of request for a package upgrade?
*
I would be interested in nominating that mdadm be moved to the next major revision before lucid's release.
*
This may not be the proper place to send this in, please advise.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Dustin Kirkland

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SyncRequestProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/School/Merging-and-Syncing

> I would be interested in nominating that mdadm be moved to the next major
> revision before lucid's release.

Thanks for the feedback. The above links show how to go about making
such a request.

Having merged mdadm before in the past, I can say that chances are
slim that someone will be able to merge mdadm and test it sufficiently
before Lucid's release. The diff is rather large, and definitely
non-trivial. Also, since the version is changing from 2.6.7 to 3.0.3,
presumably there are major architectural changes and new features.
Since we're beyond FeatureFreeze, this merge would have to go through
the FF process.

I suspect this request is far more likely to be acceptable for Maverick.

Thanks,
:-Dustin