Old 04-11-2010, 07:33 AM
"Abdul Razzak"

Default Request help in networking with ubuntu..........

Hi Ubuntu,

*

*Now my boss has asked me to do the following ,I am new bee
to Ubuntu I feel this as turf but I tried searching Google* I found little and
confused pls help me in this.

*

a)My Boss wants to make Ubuntu Server to able to publish
websites but no one should access it or even get ping response.

*

b)He also said he would be using windows system for backend
of these websites which should only connect with ubuntu server and not any
other system or even no ping response of it.

*

*

*Simple to say Like Microsoft or any other big sites where
we can see their WebPages and ping public ip but cant access their network or
system.

*

*

*

With regards

G.Abdul Razzak

Unlimited Innovations

*

Old 04-11-2010, 08:06 AM
"Hilario J. Montoliu"

Abdul, you should start with NAT[1] which is not a Ubuntu issue but a
basic local area networking one.

HTH

Links:

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation