Old 04-09-2010, 02:14 PM
justino garcia

Default Ubuntu server LAMP + Active Directory

Can I join a*Ubuntu*server Lamp with, my AD for single sign on?
what are the*suggestions?
--
Justin
IT-TECH

Old 04-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Jorge Armando Medina

justino garcia wrote:
> Can I join a Ubuntu server Lamp with, my AD for single sign on?

Sure, Ubuntu server provides all the requiered tools to join a ubuntu
machine, server or desktop as a domain member for a AD domain.
> what are the suggestions?
I personally use kerberos+samba+winbind for the trust relationship and
PAM for the authorization, there is also another option, I dont remember
the name probably another member can tell the name.

--
Jorge Armando Medina
Computación Gráfica de México

Old 04-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Etienne Goyer

Jorge Armando Medina wrote:
> I personally use kerberos+samba+winbind for the trust relationship and
> PAM for the authorization, there is also another option, I dont remember
> the name probably another member can tell the name.

Likewise Open. Last time I checked, it did not worked too well
alongside with Samba, but if you do not need Samba in the first, I would
recommend it in the first place as it is so much simpler to use.

--
Etienne Goyer
Technical Account Manager - Canonical Ltd

~= Ubuntu: Linux for Human Beings =~

Old 04-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Javier Palacios

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 4:14 PM, justino garcia <jgarciaitlist@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I join a*Ubuntu*server Lamp with, my AD for single sign on?
> what are the*suggestions?

Depending of what do you want, kerberos could suffice. If you want web
single sign on it is enough to create a principal in AD for the
webserver. There are some tools from microsofg (ktpass or similar if I
remember well), but I did nevert get them working smoothly. You have
also samba, that allows you to easily join your node to the domain
(net ads join with security set to ADS, again if I remember well). And
you can try with adkadmin
(http://www.css-security.com/cgi-bin/dnld_list.pl) which works as
standar kadmin and is the cleanest way, if it does still work.

Javier Palacios