Old 04-02-2010, 08:14 AM
"Egbert Jan"

Default DHCP3-server in Lucid

Hi. I tried to get info on this on the Canonical site but didn't succeed
finding...

What version of the DHCP server will be in LL? KK has 3.1. Since I might be
in a native IPv6 pilot soon, I would like to use ISC DHCP 4.1 or newer. That
version can run in v4 and v6 mode but not at the same time. You seem to need
two instances then. So be it... Still I would like to stick to a packaged
version to prevent non standard locations for the binaries.

Tnx
Egbert Jan

Old 04-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Serge van Ginderachter

version can run in v4 and v6 mode but not at the same time. You seem to need

two instances then. So be it... Still I would like to stick to a packaged

version to prevent non standard locations for the binaries.
Why would you need two packages? I expect you can handle this by duplicating the necessary init scripts and configuration to launch a separate instance.

--

* * Met vriendelijke groet,

* * Serge van Ginderachter