Old 03-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Frank Lahm

Default Lucid cluster stack with OCFS2

Hi list,

I'm trying to build a OCFS2 on iSCSI cluster with clusterwide locking
and have been told that using this guide

<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ClusterStack/LucidTesting>

should be worth a try.

As I wont be using drdb but just plain iSCSI devices imported from
Opensolaris COMSTAR, I have to defer a little bit, but that would work
out. What does not work out is, there is no package
"libdlm3-pacemaker" available. I've of course added

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ha/ppa/ubuntu lucid main

to sources.list and reloaded the package cache. I've tried installing
plain "libdlm3" instead (ocfs2-tools and pacemaker are installed of
course), but when configuring crm I get:
---8<---
$ crm_mon

============
Last updated: Sat Mar 27 17:31:18 2010
Stack: openais
Current DC: ocfs1 - partition with quorum
Version: 1.0.7-0bf7d14dd5541b31f7dee605e5041bb44d78b336
2 Nodes configured, 1 expected votes
2 Resources configured.
============

Online: [ ocfs1 ocfs2 ]

Failed actions:
dlm:0_monitor_0 (node=ocfs1, call=2, rc=5, status=complete): not installed
o2cb:0_monitor_0 (node=ocfs1, call=3, rc=5, status=complete): not installed
dlm:1_monitor_0 (node=ocfs2, call=2, rc=5, status=complete): not installed
o2cb:1_monitor_0 (node=ocfs2, call=3, rc=5, status=complete): not installed
---8<---

`crm configure edit`:
---8<---
node ocfs1
node ocfs2
primitive dlm ocfacemaker:controld
op monitor interval="120s"
primitive o2cb ocfacemaker2cb
op monitor interval="120s"
clone dlm-clone dlm
meta globally-unique="false" interleave="true"
clone o2cb-clone o2cb
meta globally-unique="false" interleave="true"
colocation o2cb-with-dlm inf: o2cb-clone dlm-clone
order start-o2cb-after-dlm 0: dlm-clone o2cb-clone
property $id="cib-bootstrap-options"
dc-version="1.0.7-0bf7d14dd5541b31f7dee605e5041bb44d78b336"
cluster-infrastructure="openais"
expected-quorum-votes="1"
stonith-enabled="false"
---8<---

Anybody? Thanks!

Cheers, Frank

Old 03-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Ante Karamatić

On 27.03.2010 17:38, Frank Lahm wrote:

> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ha/ppa/ubuntu lucid main

It's:

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ha/lucid-cluster/ubuntu lucid main

that was an error on the wiki.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Frank Lahm

2010/3/28 Ante Karamatić <ivoks@grad.hr>:
> On 27.03.2010 17:38, Frank Lahm wrote:
>
>> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ha/ppa/ubuntu lucid main
>
> It's:
>
> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ha/lucid-cluster/ubuntu lucid main
>
> that was an error on the wiki.

Thank you very much for you help and the guide! I've now already
completed initial application benchmarking. Seems OCFS2 beets the
pants out of GFS2.
<https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/netatalk/index.php?title=Lantest_Results>

Unfortunately OCFS2 still has no Extended Attributes while GFS2 does.
These are starting to get a requirement for my application (Netatalk).

Cheers, Frank

Old 03-29-2010, 10:32 AM
Frank Lahm

2010/3/28 Frank Lahm <franklahm@googlemail.com>:
> 2010/3/28 Ante Karamatić <ivoks@grad.hr>:
>> On 27.03.2010 17:38, Frank Lahm wrote:
>>
>>> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ha/ppa/ubuntu lucid main
>>
>> It's:
>>
>> deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-ha/lucid-cluster/ubuntu lucid main
>>
>> that was an error on the wiki.
>
> Thank you very much for you help and the guide! I've now already
> completed initial application benchmarking. Seems OCFS2 beets the
> pants out of GFS2.
> <https://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/netatalk/index.php?title=Lantest_Results>
>
> Unfortunately OCFS2 still has no Extended Attributes while GFS2 does.
> These are starting to get a requirement for my application (Netatalk).

Although official Oracle documentation indeed suggests that:
<http://oss.oracle.com/osswiki/OCFS2/NewFeaturesList>
"Extended Attributes
Required Kernel: Linux 2.6.28
Required Tools: Ocfs2 Tools 1.4.4 (not yet released)"

I can use EAs after creating an OCFS fs with xattr support:

# mount | grep ocfs
/dev/sdb on /mnt type ocfs2 (rw,_netdev,cluster_stack=pcmk)
# cd /mnt/
# setfattr -n user.test -v bla file
# getfattr file
# file: file