Old 03-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Dustin Kirkland

Default openssh-server and cman with only 3y support??

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 8:52 AM, carlopmart <carlopmart@gmail.com> wrote:
> *Sorry but there are things I can not understand. Why openssh-server package only
> has 3y support in lucid server edition?? IMHO openssh-server is a very very
> important tool to administrate a server.

Hrm, good question. I should think openssh-server would be support 5y as well.

Nick, can you check into this and confirm if this is accurate?

:-Dustin

Old 03-25-2010, 03:51 PM
carlopmart

Dustin Kirkland wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 8:52 AM, carlopmart <carlopmart@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry but there are things I can not understand. Why openssh-server package only
>> has 3y support in lucid server edition?? IMHO openssh-server is a very very
>> important tool to administrate a server.
>
> Hrm, good question. I should think openssh-server would be support 5y as well.
>
> Nick, can you check into this and confirm if this is accurate?
>
> :-Dustin

Thanks Dustin, but what about clusterstack?? Which one will be released with 5y
support??

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com

Old 03-26-2010, 04:39 AM
carlopmart

carlopmart wrote:
> Dustin Kirkland wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 8:52 AM, carlopmart <carlopmart@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Sorry but there are things I can not understand. Why openssh-server
>>> package only
>>> has 3y support in lucid server edition?? IMHO openssh-server is a
>>> very very
>>> important tool to administrate a server.
>>
>> Hrm, good question. I should think openssh-server would be support 5y
>> as well.
>>
>> Nick, can you check into this and confirm if this is accurate?
>>
>> :-Dustin
>>

> Thanks Dustin, but what about clusterstack?? Which one will be released
> with 5y support??

Nothing??

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com

Old 03-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Nicolas Barcet

Dustin Kirkland wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 8:52 AM, carlopmart <carlopmart@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Sorry but there are things I can not understand. Why openssh-server
>> package only
>> has 3y support in lucid server edition?? IMHO openssh-server is a
>> very very
>> important tool to administrate a server.
>>
> Hrm, good question. I should think openssh-server would be support 5y
> as well.
>
> Nick, can you check into this and confirm if this is accurate?

Copying the reply I got from Michael Vogt on the subject:

Thanks for raising that. The mainteance check that runs on launchpad
is written by me and a extensive seeds review was done by Kees to make
sure the stuff is in the right seeds.

There is currently a bug (and a pending merge request) in LP that adds
server-ship to the 5y support seed, this is currently not the case and
most likely causing a lot of the problems you see.

In the meantime you can check the updated script outout via:
$ bzr get lp:~mvo/ubuntu-maintenance-check/python-apt
and run "maintenance-check.py". Add --with-seeds if you are
interessted in what seeds the packages are in.

Cheers,
Michael

Old 04-09-2010, 01:44 PM
Matt Zimmerman

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 11:12:32AM +0100, Nicolas Barcet wrote:
> > Nick, can you check into this and confirm if this is accurate?
>
> Copying the reply I got from Michael Vogt on the subject:
>
> Thanks for raising that. The mainteance check that runs on launchpad
> is written by me and a extensive seeds review was done by Kees to make
> sure the stuff is in the right seeds.
>
> There is currently a bug (and a pending merge request) in LP that adds
> server-ship to the 5y support seed, this is currently not the case and
> most likely causing a lot of the problems you see.
>
> In the meantime you can check the updated script outout via:
> $ bzr get lp:~mvo/ubuntu-maintenance-check/python-apt
> and run "maintenance-check.py". Add --with-seeds if you are
> interessted in what seeds the packages are in.

For those of us watching at home, the above URL should be
lp:~mvo/ubuntu-maintenance-check/python-port (Michael's fingers are too used
to typing "python-apt" ;-) ).

--
- mdz