Old 03-25-2010, 01:44 AM
Steve

Default Manual fan control on a Proliant DL585?

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone knows how to manually control the fans on
a HP Proliant DL585 G1?

I've installed the proliant support package and the hp-health service
does automatically adjust the fans somewhat, but it's still far too
loud. The temperatures are more than reasonable, but the system just
won't spin the fans down more.

This is on Ubuntu 9.10, incidentally.

Please help, the noise is driving me mad.

Many thanks,

Steve

Old 03-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Mark van Harmelen

A bit off topic? but
wire cutters (lol)
new fans eg something like*http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/products/amx-coolers/nh-d14*if they fit (yeah yeah are they server grade? at least they have two fans each)

BIOS settings
nice machine room somewhere
ventilated*cupboard
bosses office
I worked in a machine room for a few years, now I have tinnitus - watch out. I would use double ear*defence*(foam ear plus or better with headset type ear defenders on top)

Your email address is in the UK, if you are at an employers I'd threaten in a nice way H&S*legislation*via a Council safety officer
Work from home*

New machine
New job
regardsmark