Old 02-25-2010, 05:42 PM
Scott Moser

Default Server Team 20100224 meeting minutes

Hello All,

Here are the minutes of this week's meeting. They can also be found
online with the irc logs here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20100224 .

==== Review ACTION points from previous meeting (jib) ====
* ttx followed up on server-lucid-cluster-stack and server-lucid-asterisk-integration via email, but did not get status on asterisk-integration.

==== Beta1 / beta2 targets feedback ====
* If you haven't gotten a list of items you expect to be spending time during beta1/beta2, please get that list to Jos by end of day (Wed, Feb 24). The beta1 planning is going on this week.

==== Alpha3 status review ====
* no more alpha3 targetted bugs now. No more expected changs.
* Please test ! [[http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/build/ubuntuserver/all|ISO tracker]] has exactly what to test.
* Itemized review (See irc log)

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (soren, hggdh) ====
* hggdh is heartedly welcomed to the server team. We are elated to have you.
* Discussion of 2 mysql test failures,
* ssl tests consistently fail, all of them: due to expired certificates
* one SQL test (or two) fail on different output

==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen) ====
* JJohansen is planning on playing a bit with pv_ops kernel on ec2. This would *really* rock, as it would remove the need for our specific -ec2 kernel.
* smoser mentions that with bug 428692 there will be new karmic kernels and image refresh on ec2 hopefully sometime soon.

==== Server Papercuts (ttx) ====
* Nominations at https://bugs.launchpad.net/server-papercuts/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New
* bug 211915, is doc-only (per ttx), ttx+1.
* bug 325109, ivoks promises verification of fix in his ppa by Friday.
* bug 508382, ivoks promises verifcation of test by friday

==== Bugzapping during betas (kirkland) ====
* similar in principle to papercuts, bugzapping is an initiative to proactively go out and fix server bugs the blueprint is here: https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-lucid-bug-zapping. basically, we'll take 3 - 4 weeks of the remaining time left in Lucid. each of those weeks will be dedicated to a set of related packages such as:
* database (mysql, postgres)
* LAMP-stack-stuff (apache2, php5)
* virtualization (libvirt, qemu-kvm, virt-manager)
* java
* each day of the has a specific set of tasks assigned
* Monday is *total* bug triage, which means we should enlist the help of triagers
* tue - fri, we work on fixing bugs that are in the Triaged state, focusing on the High ones, or particularly easy ones. we commit to bzr branches. and one or more core devs/motu sponsor the package for upload and then we enlist the help of testers
* '[ACTION]' kirkland to publish tentative bugzapping roadmap. Currently at https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-lucid-bug-zapping

==== Weekly SRU review (mathiaz) ====
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#SRU%20weekly%20review
* hardy nominations will all be declined by Mathiaz (bug 293000 and bug 252245 declined because not yet fixed in lucid). ttx did give +1 to bug 293000
* Time was short so intrepid and karmic skipped.
* Bugs fixed last week: http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-server-team/fixedbugs.ubuntu-server.latest.html

==== Open Discussion ====
* dholbach requests sponsoring help http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/sponsoring/

==== Next Meeting ====
* Next meeting will be on Wednesday, March 3rd at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.