Old 02-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Alejandro Leyva

Default open-iscsi auto login

Hi, we have a strange issue with open-iscsi. We have:

- One Equallogic.
- Four Poweredge, three of them with ubuntu 9.04 and one with 9.10.
Each of the servers have four nic's, two of them connected to the
Equallogic.
- Open-iscsi running fine with all LUN's, multipath on top.

After configuring automatic / manual login of the targets we have seen
that the server, after a reboot, doesn't login to the specified
targets, still the definition of automatic / manual login for each
target is correct. We have seen that in /etc/init.d/open-iscis, at
line 80, we have:

ISCSI_TARGET_NB=$(cat /etc/iscsi/nodes/*/*/default
2>/dev/null| grep -c automatic)

In /etc/iscsi/nodes/*/*/ we dont have a "default" file, we have
"iface0" and "iface1", if we change line 80 to:

ISCSI_TARGET_NB=$(cat /etc/iscsi/nodes/*/*/iface* 2>/dev/null|
grep -c automatic)

the server do an auto-login to the specified targets.

Should we create a "default" file for each node? How this should be done?

Thanks in advance.