Old 02-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Kaushal Shriyan

Default Dell Poweredge 1950

Hi,

I have Dell Poweredge 1950 server with SAS 6iR intergrated RAID controller.

Is there anyone else out there that is running Ubuntu on a box using
SAS 6iR RAID controller or does anyone know of any drivers that will
work with Ubuntu Linux 8.04 Server (Hardy)

Please Suggest/Guide.

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

Old 02-17-2010, 05:56 PM
"Fabio T. Leitao"

I did some tests a while ago with a PE 1950 from a customer, and I had no problem what so ever using Ubuntu in the last LTS (8.04), server edition - most of the issues regarding this had been solved back in 6.06 and 6.10

I am not totally sure I had it with a PERC SAS 6iR or a 5/i,*I am pretty sure it should be safe.
Have in mind, if you are not sure, its always better to do some somrt of trials before you put it into production.*

Take your time, install the OS, try the hardware monitors and sensors (munin would be a good place to start), make sure you are able to brake mirrors or the other redundances work as expected.

Read the log files.
Install your aplications and services, make sure they respond accordingly, keep reading the log files, try to brake it at least once again and make sure it behave as expected, and that you have control over it (not the other way arround)

I have Dell Poweredge 1950 server with SAS 6iR intergrated RAID controller.

Is there anyone else out there that is running Ubuntu on a box using

SAS 6iR RAID controller or does anyone know of any drivers that will

work with Ubuntu Linux 8.04 Server (Hardy)

Please Suggest/Guide.

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

Fábio Leitão

Mike Ditka *- "If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."