Old 02-12-2010, 11:57 PM
Jamie McDonald

Default dpkg-buildpackage error when patching postfix

Hello all,

I've been lurking on the list for a while but this is my first official post of desperation =).

I'm attempting to apply the VDA quota patch to postfix-2.5.1 but it's failing at the dpkg-buildpackage stage.

I have sucessfully patched the source as follows

bash# cd /usr/src/

bash# apt-get build-dep postfix
bash# apt-get source postfix
bash# wget http://vda.sourceforge.net/VDA/postfix-2.6.5-vda-ng.patch.gz
bash# gunzip postfix-2.5.1-vda-ng.patch.gz

bash# cd postfix-2.5.1
bash# patch -p1 < ../postfix-2.5.1-vda-ng.patch

I then execute dpkg-buildpackage in the /usr/src/postfix-2.5.1/ directory

bash# dpkg-buildpackage

However the output is as follows

dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2

dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value: -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
tail: cannot open `debian/changelog' for reading: No such file or directory
dpkg-buildpackage: failure: tail of debian/changelog gave error exit status 1

I've searched hi and low but as of yet have been unsuccessful in resolving the issue. I would imagine it is something simple I'm missing - as is usually the case.

Thanks in advance for any response.

- Jamie Mack.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Douglas Stanley

Are you starting with the plain postfix source tarball, or did you download all the debian source package files (like the escape and different files)?

Can you explain what all you did before you applied the vda patch?

Doug

Old 02-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Jorge Armando Medina

Jamie McDonald wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been lurking on the list for a while but this is my first
> official post of desperation =).
>
> I'm attempting to apply the VDA quota patch to postfix-2.5.1 but it's
> failing at the dpkg-buildpackage stage.
AFAIK, VDA quota patch it is unsupported in Postfix, I really prefer to
use supported packages and in my case I use Postfix + Dovecot, if you
use Dovecot Deliver (LDA) and the quota and imap_quota plugins you can
achieve quota support, they work really nice, I have been using it in
production using karmic servers.

> I have sucessfully patched the source as follows
>
> bash# cd /usr/src/
> bash# apt-get build-dep postfix
> bash# apt-get source postfix
> bash# wget http://vda.sourceforge.net/VDA/postfix-2.6.5-vda-ng.patch.gz
> bash# gunzip postfix-2.5.1-vda-ng.patch.gz
> bash# cd postfix-2.5.1
> bash# patch -p1 < ../postfix-2.5.1-vda-ng.patch
>
> I then execute dpkg-buildpackage in the /usr/src/postfix-2.5.1/ directory
>
> bash# dpkg-buildpackage
>
> However the output is as follows
>
> dpkg-buildpackage: set CPPFLAGS to default value:
> dpkg-buildpackage: set CFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
> dpkg-buildpackage: set CXXFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
> dpkg-buildpackage: set FFLAGS to default value: -g -O2
> dpkg-buildpackage: set LDFLAGS to default value: -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
> tail: cannot open `debian/changelog' for reading: No such file or
> directory
> dpkg-buildpackage: failure: tail of debian/changelog gave error exit
> status 1

What about that changelog missing file?

--
Jorge Armando Medina