Old 02-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre

Default Backup : Adaptec AHA-2944UW / AIC-7884U SCSI adapter & HP Q1523A tape reader

Hi,

Is there anything listed in /proc/scsi/scsi?

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 7:20 AM, L.M.J <linuxmasterjedi@free.fr> wrote:
[...]
>> There is a counter at the back on the tape drive who can be increased
> from
>> 0 to 15, should I set something
>> else then 0 ? I have only one SCSI device.

If it's the only SCSI device, 0 should be just fine.

>> I'm using a Adaptec SCSI cable, does it must be plug in a specific way?

Here we've had some issues with connectors here, but it usually can be
summarised with:

- be *very* sure that the connector is plugged in correctly.
Tightening the screws isn't optional
- verify that the connector's pins aren't bent or broken.

Note that it was experience with the VHDCI connectors and there were
quite a few hardware replacements or moves as well, so YMMV.

Regards,

/ Matt