Here are the minutes of this week's meeting. They can also be found
online with the irc logs from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/
== Agenda ==
* Review ACTION points from previous meeting (jib)
* Alpha2 milestone (ttx)
* Alpha2 blueprints status
* [[https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+bugs?field.milestone=21444|Alpha2-targeted]] bugs status
* ISO testing
* Alpha3 subcycle planning (jib)
* [[https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-lucid-papercuts|server-lucid-papercuts]] (ttx)
* Discuss nomination mechanism
* [[https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-lucid-apport-hooks|server-lucid-apport-hooks]] (ttx)
* Community input & volunteers
* Assigned and to-be-assigned bugs: [[http://qa.ubuntu.com/reports/team-assigned/canonical-server-assigned-bug-tasks.html]] (ttx)
* Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (soren)
* Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen)
* Bug Bug:494565
* Weekly SRU review: [[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#SRU%20weekly%20review]] (mathiaz)
* Using bzr for package maintenance (zul)
* Open Discussion
* Agree on next meeting date and time
== Minutes ==
=== Review ACTION points from previous meeting ===
* '[ACTION]' ScottMoser to look at getting Karmic images refreshed.
EricHammond did test runs on the recent karmic dailies.
=== Alpha2 milestone ===
* Reviewed Status of work items targted to milestone
* jib is working with IS on getting central hardware for testing. This
wont be done for alpha2. work item deferred.
* '[ACTION]' Mathiaz to send out AWS Client lib RFC
* '[ACTION]': ttx to coordinate alpha ISO testing.
=== Alpha3 subcycle planning (jib) ===
* We are collecting feedback for alpha 3 planning. The list of
candidates can be seen
Preleminary workitems list can be seen at
=== Community Driven Blueprints (jib) ===
==== server-lucid-cluster-stack ====
* ivoks has made good progress on update server-lucid-cluster-stack
with beta quality packages available, and on rack for alpha3.
* ivoks gave some thoughts on the red hat cluster suite in ubuntu .
ivoks suggested that pacemaker is what should be pushed for lucid,
and said "i wouldn't mind demoting rhcs to universe, even though we
don't get pacemaker in main"
==== server-lucid-asterisk-integration ====
* items has been targeted to alpha3
* stgraber expects to have new dahdi packages and MIR ready for alpha3
* jmdault will update work itesm
=== Alpha3 blueprints that request community feedback ===
==== server-lucid-papercuts ====
* ttx described the papercuts nominatoin mechanism, the nominiation
mechanism chosen was 'project' as opposed to 'tag'
* '[ACTION]' ttx for papercuts: discuss acceptance criteria,
project publicity plan
* '[ACTION]' Mathiaz to publish papercuts & apport efforts in our
==== server-lucid-apport-hooks ====
* zull will drive this item, and we'll talk about this next meeting.
=== Assigned and to-be-assigned bugs ===
* action zul/kirkland in trimming their list
=== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (soren) ===
* We need help to get through the list of ISOs to test
* '[ACTION]' mathias to publish request for iso testing in our
regular blog/community channels
* soren pointed out that some of the test cases are slightly outdated
or not complete. We should get these updated. Please update as you
* soren is running automated tests of the default install, the bind9
test case, the lamp test caes, and the mail test case on i386 and
=== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen) ===
* Bug:494565 is on jjohansen's list for next week.
* kernel was frozen on friday and most changes were in thursday
is targetted for alpha3, there could be kernel issues running on
=== server-lucid-aws-client-libraries ===
* jib added the perl modlues to the wiki, nijaba recomments tarzan for
* perl/python/php packages will be targeted for alpha3. other
languages likely out unless esily packagable or community efforts
=== Weekly SRU review ===
* Bug:379329 is only one nominated for this week.
* Bug:462749 accepted for karmic
=== Using bzr for package maintenance (zul) ===
* mathiaz responded to smoser's question, suggesting that after your
"done" with a single fix branch you can mark it merged in the
launchpad UI. That will then have it not shown on your default list,
but is possibly better than deleting it.
* zul (and others) want to encourage people more to use bzr branches.
=== Open Discussion ===
* mail-stack blueprint was formally re-assigned to ivoks (from ScotK).
ivoks suggests that all except debconf integration should be doable
for alpha3. If it can't be handled there, it would need a
* FeatureFreeze Exception.
ubuntu-server mailing list
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam