Old 01-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Mathias Gug

Default RFC: Ipv6 tools (radvd) in main

Hi,

I'd like to get your feedback on wether Ipv6 tools should be part of main. If
not the following packages could be demoted to universe:

* radvd: Router Advertisement Daemon

Thanks,

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer http://www.ubuntu.com

Old 01-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Mark Schouten

On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 14:23 -0500, Mathias Gug wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get your feedback on wether Ipv6 tools should be part of main. If
> not the following packages could be demoted to universe:
>
> * radvd: Router Advertisement Daemon

It would be like demoting dhcp3-server. I know IPv6 is (too) low on the
Ubuntu/Canonical's list of TOFIX, but to demote this would be even
worse.

IPv6 will replace somewhere in the next two years, radvd is a part of
the IPv6 implementation.

--
Mark Schouten <mark@prevented.net>

Old 01-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Henk Jan Agteresch

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010, Mathias Gug wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to get your feedback on wether Ipv6 tools should be part of main. If
> not the following packages could be demoted to universe:
>
> * radvd: Router Advertisement Daemon

radvd/ipv6 tools should be part of main. Ipv6 is the protocol of
tomorrow. Ubuntu has always supported ipv6 and degrading the level of
ipv6 support where other operating systems (windows 7) are gaining
ipv6 support is a bad thing!

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Henk Jan Agteresch