Old 01-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Ante Karamatić

Default Call for testing: cluster solutions for Ubuntu 10.04

Hi all

There was a discussion, at the last UDS, about cluster stack in Ubuntu
10.04 and later
(https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-lucid-cluster-stack).
According to that spec, I’ve created packages for cluster-glue,
cluster-agents, heartbeat, corosync, openais, pacemaker, keepalived,
drbd and redhat-cluster.

Some of these packages are based on stuff Martin Loschwitz did
(http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/ha/dists/) and some are merged from
Debian. Most of them have serious changes in packaging, but all of them
are latest upstream version (except keepalived).

Now that those are packaged, we need help with testing. So, please, help
us test those components. Choose redhat-cluster or pacemaker as a
cluster stack. Combine with DRBD, KVM or Xen and try to break them. In a
day or two, I’ll set up a wiki page with configuration instructions for
these tools, so anybody could test it. Input from upstream is also welcome.

Packages are located at ubuntu-ha PPA:
https://edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-ha/+archive/ppa/+packages

Packages are created only for 10.04, Ubuntu Lucid Lynx.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Imre Gergely

Some config instructions would be really nice, preferably for ALL the
tools that need testing. I have some spare KVMs and maybe some spare
time too, but definitely be needing those instructions.

--
Imre Gergely
Yahoo!: gergelyimre | ICQ#: 101510959

Old 01-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Ante Karamatić

On 11.01.2010 16:50, Ante Karamatić wrote:

> Now that those are packaged, we need help with testing. So, please, help
> us test those components. Choose redhat-cluster or pacemaker as a
> cluster stack. Combine with DRBD, KVM or Xen and try to break them. In a
> day or two, I’ll set up a wiki page with configuration instructions for
> these tools, so anybody could test it. Input from upstream is also welcome.

Wiki page with tests is located here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ClusterStack/LucidTesting

At the moment there's only pacemaker related stuff, but I'll add more soon.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Ante Karamatić

Pacemaker in ubuntu-ha PPA for Lucid now support both OCFS2 and GFS2.
Give it a try:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ClusterStack/LucidTesting

Old 02-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Boris Devouge

Ante Karamatić wrote:
> Pacemaker in ubuntu-ha PPA for Lucid now support both OCFS2 and GFS2.
> Give it a try:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ClusterStack/LucidTesting

Ante,

Thank you very much for all that work. I am currently deploying 2
lucid nodes and intend to test. Hopefully will report before end of week.

Cheers,
Boris Devouge <boris.devouge@canonical.com>
Sales Engineer Office: +44 (0)20 7630 2476
Canonical Mobile: +44 7809 389 874
GPG FPR: ADB9 0AE9 2451 2BAD B2C7 BB2C DB22 052A 7A37 FC75

Old 02-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Ante Karamatić

On 10.02.2010 14:40, Ante Karamatić wrote:

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ClusterStack/LucidTesting

There was a bug in packages that prevented GFS2 filesystem to work. I've
fixed that and I've renamed packages:

pacemaker-gfs -> gfs2-pacemaker
pacemaker-dlm -> libdlm3-pacemaker

So, if you had done this setup and found it not working, you could
create your KVMs again (and follow wiki page which was changed) or
follow this procedure:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gfs2-tools
sudo apt-get install gfs2-pacemaker