Old 01-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Dustin Kirkland

Default Eucalyptus and ubuntu images

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Alon Girmonsky <alongir@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good tutorial on how to create images to Eucalyptus.
> I would like to create* a karmic version for Eucalyptus running on Ubuntu
> EUC.
> I've been spending several days now, with no real success.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEC/BundlingImages

:-Dustin

Old 01-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Alon Girmonsky

Hi.
Thanks for you response.
I obviously tried this and some others. I'm able to create the image either from downloading an existing image, using virt-install or vmbuilder. I follow the required steps, but then I am unable to access the instance using ssh. (I guess it is either network problems or un attached root folder). The test image from Eucalyptus worked for me. However, this was the only image I was able to ssh to.

Any tutorial describing how to build an image in a successful way would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alon.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Alon Girmonsky

And then I tried your script once again.
Excellent - it worked like a charm!!

10x.