-   -   Eucalyptus and ubuntu images (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-server-development/304161-eucalyptus-ubuntu-images.html)

Dustin Kirkland 01-04-2010 04:12 PM

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Alon Girmonsky <alongir@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good tutorial on how to create images to Eucalyptus.
> I would like to create* a karmic version for Eucalyptus running on Ubuntu
> EUC.
> I've been spending several days now, with no real success.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEC/BundlingImages

:-Dustin

Alon Girmonsky 01-04-2010 07:22 PM

Eucalyptus and ubuntu images

Hi.
Thanks for you response.
I obviously tried this and some others. I'm able to create the image either from downloading an existing image, using virt-install or vmbuilder. I follow the required steps, but then I am unable to access the instance using ssh. (I guess it is either network problems or un attached root folder). The test image from Eucalyptus worked for me. However, this was the only image I was able to ssh to.

Any tutorial describing how to build an image in a successful way would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alon.

Alon Girmonsky 01-04-2010 07:33 PM

Eucalyptus and ubuntu images

And then I tried your script once again.
Excellent - it worked like a charm!!

10x.