Old 12-09-2009, 04:59 PM
"John M. Pugh"

Default openvz kernel with lucid?

On 12/09/2009 05:11 AM, tom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i use openvz with ubuntu 8.04 (LTS) on my server.
> All the newer releases have no openvz kernel.
> Will be openvz available with ubuntu 10.04 (lucid)?

Parallels seems to have really slowed down in openvz updates. If there
is interest, I would definitely reach out to them and see where they
stand with supporting Ubuntu with openvz.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:33 PM
"John M. Pugh"

On 12/09/2009 12:59 PM, John M. Pugh wrote:
> On 12/09/2009 05:11 AM, tom wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i use openvz with ubuntu 8.04 (LTS) on my server.
>> All the newer releases have no openvz kernel.
>> Will be openvz available with ubuntu 10.04 (lucid)?
>
> Parallels seems to have really slowed down in openvz updates. If there
> is interest, I would definitely reach out to them and see where they
> stand with supporting Ubuntu with openvz.

Let me rephrase that... If I were you, I would definitely reach out to
Parallels to help push them to support Ubuntu.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Dan Trevino

Tom, we (the community) tried to get OpenVZ support for later releases, but I got the impression they only had the resources to support "Enterprise" or LTS releases.* As John mentioned, I would ping them in #openvz on freenode or their -devel mailing list.

Dan---
Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Open Standards!