Old 11-10-2009, 09:42 AM
Gilberto Nunes

Default DRBD inside DRBD

Hi friends

I need a solution here.
I think deploy a server with two VM with kvm over ubuntu, and inside
this VM use DRBD to replicate some share partition, like /home, p.e.
I need use heartbeat to monitoring this VM too.
What happen is that I need have two identical servers, and share some
partition between then....
Like this scenario:

|--------------------| |--------------------|
| Host0 | | Host1 |
| |-------------| |DRBD from phisical server| |--------------||
| |VM-0 |<---|-------------------------|--->| VM-1||
| | | | | | ||
| | |-------| | DRBD from inside VM | |------| ||
| | |/home |<---|-------------------------|--->|/home | ||
| | |-------| | | |------| ||
| |-------------|<---|-------------------------|--->|--------------||
| | HeartBeat | |
|--------------------| |--------------------|

Some advice???

Thanks

Gilberto Nunes Ferreira
TI
Selbetti Gestão de Documentos
Telefone: +55 (47) 3441-6004
Celular: +55 (47) 8861-6672

"Bendita a nação cujo Deus é o SENHOR!"
99 <><

Old 11-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Soren Hansen

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 08:42:06AM -0200, Gilberto Nunes wrote:

> I need a solution here.
> I think deploy a server with two VM with kvm over ubuntu, and inside
> this VM use DRBD to replicate some share partition, like /home, p.e.
> I need use heartbeat to monitoring this VM too.
> What happen is that I need have two identical servers, and share some
> partition between then....
[...]
> Some advice???

I'm not sure what kind of advice you're looking for? What is your
particular problem?

--
Soren Hansen |
Lead virtualisation engineer | Ubuntu Server Team

Old 11-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Gilberto Nunes

Sorry

I wasn't so clear!
I need to know if this "solution" is go work or not...

Thanks

Old 11-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Gilberto Nunes