Old 10-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Michael Willenbuecher

Default Configuration SAMBA

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009, Benoit durand wrote:

> hi,
>
> i'm french, and i'am new on ubuntu.
> I trie to install samba on ubuntu server 9.04
> do you know a link about samba on ubuntu-server.

Hi Benoit,

you should probably consult
https://help.ubuntu.com/9.04/serverguide/C/index.html
where you'll find all relevant information.

hope that helps
Michael Willenbuecher

---------------------------------------
Michael Willenbuecher
Systemadministration
Helmholtz-Zentrum fuer Kulturtechnik
Unter den Linden 6 / Raum 3027
Humboldt-Universitaet / 10099 Berlin
+49(0)30-2093-2715

http://www.kulturtechnik.hu-berlin.de
http://www.sammlungen.hu-berlin.de

Old 10-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Benoit durand

2009/10/30 Nicolas Barcet <nick.barcet@canonical.com>

On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 11:12 +0100, Benoit durand wrote:

> i'm french, and i'am new on ubuntu.

> I trie to install samba on ubuntu server 9.04

> do you know a link about samba on ubuntu-server.

Hello Benoit,

Welcome to Ubuntu Server Edition.

The Server Guide would seem like a good start on this subject:

http://doc.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/serverguide/C/windows-networking.html

There is also quite a bit of documentation in French maintained by the

French Ubuntu community at http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org such as:

http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/tutoriel/comment_integrer_machine_ubuntu_domaine_nt_samba

Have a productive time with Ubuntu.

Nick

thank you very much for your links, I'll try everything. and I hold you informed

Ben