Old 10-29-2009, 03:15 PM
Jorge Armando Medina

Default samba ldap configs

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Below are my configs.
>
> http://pastebin.com/dcb24c87 ---> ldap.conf

It expired on pastebin
> http://pastebin.com/d721f0d4d ---> slapd.conf

expired
> http://pastebin.com/d102cbfc5 --->samba.conf

expired
> http://pastebin.com/d1397587d --> smbldap.conf

First error

1.
ldapTLS="0"
2.
ldapSSL="1"

There is not such ldapSSL option, there are diffferences from TLS and
SSL, ldaps uses port 636 and is pure encrypted connection, TLS uses
startTLS command, it initiates a secure channel over a plain connection
using default ldap port 386.

TLS is the prefered and recomended way to secure ldap connections for
the OpenLDAP Project.

So use ldapTLS="1" if you want secure connections

Second (probably error)

smbldap.conf:

suffix="cn=admin,dc=example,dc=com"

I'm not sure if this is wrong I couldn see your slapd.conf or smb.conf,
but most of times the suffix si something like: "dc=example,dc=com", the
cn=admin is the ldap admin user not a container...

The official smbldap-tools howto:

http://www.iallanis.info/smbldap-tools/docs/samba-ldap-howto/

For simple debugging I'll go for a basic plain ldap config, and then
migrate to SSL/TLS, my setup:

http://tuxjm.net/docs/Configurar_Servidor_Controlador_de_Dominio_con_Sam ba_y_OpenLDAP/Ubuntu/