Old 03-23-2009, 09:46 PM
"Carlos A. Carnero Delgado"

Default Ubuntu Server and Xen

Hello,

according to [1] I read that the general sentiment is that Xen will be
no longer officially maintained/supported in upcoming LTS server
releases. Is that true? (I'm known to be a lousy reader from time to
time)

Thanks,
Carlos.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:47 PM
"Carlos A. Carnero Delgado"

> according to [1] I read that the general sentiment is that Xen will be
> no longer officially maintained/supported in upcoming LTS server
> releases. Is that true? (I'm known to be a lousy reader from time to
> time)

Oops. Lousy message-composer as well.

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6230287

Old 03-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Nick Barcet

On 03/23/2009 11:46 PM, Carlos A. Carnero Delgado wrote:
> Hello,
>
> according to [1] I read that the general sentiment is that Xen will be
> no longer officially maintained/supported in upcoming LTS server
> releases. Is that true? (I'm known to be a lousy reader from time to
> time)

Xen has never been part of Main, and as such was never officially
maintained on Ubuntu, KVM being the virtualization technology of choice
for Ubuntu since 8.04LTS. However, using Ubuntu as a Xen guest is now a
maintained option since 8.10 and is very likely to continue on being
maintained for the foreseeable upcoming versions. For reference, [1] is
a bit more authoritative than a post in the forums.

Hope this helps,

Nick

[1]
http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/serveredition/technologies/virtualization