Old 03-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Kaushal Shriyan

Default Load Balancer

Hi

Is there an open source Load balancer available on Ubuntu Linux ?

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

Old 03-18-2009, 04:44 PM
David Miller

Pound is in the universe repository.* I'm not endorsing it as I've never had the need for a load balancer but it seems to be a pretty popular choice.
--
David

Old 03-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Márcio Miguel da Silva Santos

On 18-03-2009 17:36, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there an open source Load balancer available on Ubuntu Linux ?
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Kaushal

What exactly do you want to Load Balance?

WAN Links, Web Servers, Mail Servers?

There are many options available, depending on what you are trying to
accomplish...

Márcio Santos

Old 03-18-2009, 04:49 PM
NoOp

On 03/18/2009 10:35 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there an open source Load balancer available on Ubuntu Linux ?
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Kaushal

This question came up on the 4th... "Linux Router(Load Balancer) cum
proxyserver".

I suggested:

> Perhaps:
> <http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2BLoad+Balancer& btnG=Search>
>
> will help?
>
> Examples:
> <http://codeghar.wordpress.com/2007/11/04/create-a-load-balance-server-using-ubuntu/>
> <http://www.lucidtips.com/2008/08/24/setting-up-a-linux-based-software-load-balancer/>
> http://www.unix-tutorials.com/go.php?id=3691
> [How To Set Up A Loadbalanced High-Availability Apache Cluster Based On
> Ubuntu 8.04 LTS]
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP
> http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/
> http://kb.linuxvirtualserver.org/wiki/Load_balancer

And Victor suggested:

Old 03-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Jean Daniel

There are several load balancers available in Ubuntu linux for several purpose.

Pound is an http load balancer. HAproxy is an http load balancer too.
HTTP load balancer are level7 load balancer because they operate at
the application layer (the 7th layer of the OSI model). IPVS is a
standard kernel module that can load balance several thousands of TCP
connexions.

Cheers,

2009/3/18 Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> Is there an open source Load balancer available on Ubuntu Linux ?
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Kaushal

Rasterization Zion babylon

Old 03-23-2009, 07:19 PM
"Miano, Steven M."

From the repo's this is what I was able to find.

balance - Load balancing solution and generic tcp proxy
fair - high availability load balancer for TCP connections
pen - Load balancer for "simple" tcp based protocols
pound - reverse proxy, load balancer and HTTPS front-end for Web servers
python-pydirector - pure Python TCP load balancer

If you do pursue this venture it would be pretty great of you to post up your results and findings. ; )

~MianoSM