Old 03-04-2009, 10:06 PM
James Dinkel

Default mounting partitions in a logical volume used as a physical disk for a virtual machine

I have an lvm volume group that I use as my storage pool and on the host I would like to mount a partition from one of the logical volumes used as a virtual drive.

I would guess that this would be similar to mounting a disk image file, but I can't even find good instructions for doing that.* All I've found is to do this:

sudo mount -o loop,offset=32256 <image-file> /mnt/folder -t vfat

but what if the partition is not fat, or if it's not the first partition?

Thanks for any help,

James