Old 03-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Mathias Gug

Default Server Team 20090303 meeting minutes

Hi,

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with
the irc logs here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20090303.

==== SRU bug tracking ====

ivoks raised the SRU bug tracking point last meeting but hadn't had time to
prepare something for this week.

ACTION: ivoks to add to the server team agenda an item about better SRU
management.

==== Postfix and Dovecot integration ====

ivoks reported that he hadn't received any feedback yet. mathiaz suggested to
write a blog post about it.

ACTION: ivoks to blog about the postfix dovecot integration.

==== Ubuntu and EC2 ====

zul gave a quick status of Ubuntu on EC2: the beta2 images were released last
week and are based on intrepid. Follow the EC2 Getting Started[1] guide to
help testing the beta2 image.

zul is also working on images based on hardy and jaunty.

[1]: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EC2StartersGuide

==== Samba bug day ====

mathiaz announced that next Thursday, March 12th, will be dedicated to
triaging bugs related to samba. The QA team is currently gathering a list of
bugs for the coming Bug day. mathiaz and ttx agreed to provide support to the
bug triagers during the whole Bug day. There were also some discussions about
announcing the samba bug day via several blog posts.

ACTION: mathiaz to blog about samba bug day on Thursday

ACTION: ttx to blog about samba bug day on Monday

ACTION: nijaba to blog about samba bug day Wednesday from next week.

ACTION: ttx to cover the first part of the samba hug day

ACTION: mathiaz to cover the second part of the samba hug day

==== Exchange support for Evolution ====

seb128 reported that the evolution-mapi package had been uploaded to jaunty
and was waiting for review in the NEW queue. He is looking for testers that
have access to an Exchange infrastructure. ivoks volunteered for some testing.

ACTION: ivoks to test the evolution-mapi package in an Exchange environment.

==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====

mathiaz mentioned that USA/Canada would start Daylight Saving Time on March 8,
2009 while most of European country would start DST on March, 29. It was
decided to move the meeting one hour earlier at 15:00 UTC.

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, March 10th at 15:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer http://www.ubuntu.com

Old 03-04-2009, 07:59 AM
"Imre Gergely"

On 3/3/2009, "Mathias Gug" <mathiaz@ubuntu.com> wrote:

>==== Postfix and Dovecot integration ====
>
>ivoks reported that he hadn't received any feedback yet. mathiaz suggested to
>write a blog post about it.
>
>ACTION: ivoks to blog about the postfix dovecot integration.

Feedback on what exactly? Where can one read up on this?

--
Imre Gergely
Yahoo!: gergelyimre

Old 03-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Ante Karamatić

U Sri, 04. 03. 2009., u 10:59 +0200, Imre Gergely je napisao/la:

> Feedback on what exactly? Where can one read up on this?

I'll blog about it today, so there'll be more info later.

Take care

Old 03-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Ante Karamatić

I'm replying on mailing list, since others might have the same
questions.

U Sri, 04. 03. 2009., u 22:11 +0200, Imre Gergely je napisao/la:

> But why is that link point to dovecot source package, wouldn't be better
> to have it separated, like postfix-dovecot, so it's not really postfix,
> nor dovecot, but specifically bug of the two integrated ?

Cause of some ports of debian policy (binaries can't overwrite
configuration files of other binaries) and common sense, we can't have
another package, without including full source of dovecot and postfix in
it - which is out of the question. Since, postfix does have an interface
to its configuration file - postconf, but dovecot doesn't, we integrated
this binary inside of dovecot source.

There for, all the bugs should be reported against dovecot source.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/MailServer

> I guess I'll have until next Tuesday to give some feedback?

Bugs and feedback are always welcome