Old 02-12-2009, 02:44 AM
Anu-Linux

Default Ubuntu Directory Server (New project)

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for the reply. Yes I'm still interested in contributing. I've done many tests regarding the LDAP servers and finally found Mandriva Directory Server running on Mandriva One 2009 was easiest way to get the job done. But there are lot more improvement to be done. Yet I'm happy about the effort all the FOSS hackers put to make it better.

I still hold the idea that Ubuntu also have to come up with it's own Directory Server, why?, because many companies in my country (Sri Lanka) and around the world using Ubuntu Server versions as primary server solutinos and Ubuntu Desktops as Desktop solutions. And Centralized authentication is a major business solution we use here.

I've subscribe to the Ubuntu Server Mailing list. And hope to take part in testing the Future Ubuntu Directory Server (UDS). As I'm not a good coder I'll not be able to join with the Dev team, but, I'm much happy to play as a tester. :-)

So If Ubuntu Team is ready for this, I'm ready from my end. .

Cheers!

Anuradha.