Old 01-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Kaushal Shriyan

Default Oracle9i

Hi

is there a step by step guide to install Oracle 9i Release 2 Database Server on Ubuntu 8.10 ?

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal

Old 01-29-2009, 10:08 AM

On 1/29/09, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:
> is there a step by step guide to install Oracle 9i Release 2 Database Server
> on Ubuntu 8.10 ?

Hi-

I don't know of such a guide, but if it existed, it would probably be
located with our community documentation at
http://help.ubuntu.com/community.

I just happened to be talking to Joe Salisbury (on CC) just the other
day about Oracle on Ubuntu. He might know of a resource, or could
perhaps answer some of your questions.

:-Dustin

Old 01-29-2009, 12:21 PM
Boris Derzhavets

It's for 11gR1, however Oracle installs for 32-bit Ubuntu's Servers it's just a question of proper apt-get installs. That's ,actually, an old story

http://www.pythian.com/blogs/1355/installing-oracle-11gr1-on-ubuntu-810-intrepid-ibex

Check http://www.pythian.com/blogs for 10gR2 . I saw post several years
ago.*

Old 01-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Joseph Salisbury

Hi Kaushal,

I just recently installed Oracle 10g on Ubuntu 8.10.* Feel free to send be any questions you may have or issues you run into.

Like Boris mentioned the following is the best online resource I would find as well:

http://www.pythian.com/blogs

Joe