Old 01-14-2009, 09:20 AM
bvidinli

Default Home file server - looking for ULTRA BASIC mail agent

ehcp uses Postfix and quite usable fast ...

Old 01-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk

On 13. jan.. 2009, at 22.10, L.M.J wrote:

> Le Tue, 13 Jan 2009 15:29:59 -0500,
> "Greg Michalski" <ubuntulists@distinctperspectives.com> a écrit :
>
>> I'm running 8.10 server as a home file and print server. I'm
>> looking for
>> the most basic of mail transfer agents capable of handling the
>> sending of
>> routine reports and status information scheduled through cron via
>> email to
>> an account on my ISP and don't want or need a full fledged,
>> resource hogging
>> mail server.
>
> Hi,
>
> I will also go for Postfix : fast & efficient MTA. You could have a
> look to "exim" also or "qmail"

Gof or postfix. It's flast and lightweight. exim will also do the job,
but I don't know that too well, so I can't say. qmail was last updated
in 1998 or so and is no longer maintained, although it will certainly
work (it used to be the most stable MTA for years). Postfix was built
on more or less the same ideas as qmail, so even most of the toughest
fans of qmail have now switched to postfix.

roy
--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk
(+47) 98013356