Old 01-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Mathias Gug

Default Server Team 20090106 meeting minutes

Hi,

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with
the irc logs here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20090106.

==== Screen Profiles ====

kirkland has been collecting screen profiles and hacks to provide them in a
screen-profile package. mathiaz asked if there were any plans to enable screen
by default on an new Ubuntu Server installation. kirkland explained that he
was aiming at getting it included into main and shipped on the server cd.
Moreover the first time screen is run a list of profiles would be shown.

Some work has been done on implementing a task bar in screen so that applets
could be easily added.

ACTION: kirkland to upload a new version of the screen-profile package

ACTION: kirkland to create a wiki page to outline how-to implement a taskbar
in screen

==== review KVM page refactoring ====

nijaba reported that he had finished refactoring the KVM documenation[1] from
the help wiki.

[1]: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/KVM

==== SRU for ebox ====

Following last meeting discussion sommer prepared updated packages for ebox so
that it can be installed in intrepid. Three bugs have been addressed. Packages
are available for testing from sommer's PPA[2]. mathiaz reminded that prior to
doing an SRU for intrepid ebox should be fixed in jaunty.

ACTION: sommer to file a bug explaining the gconfd fix in ebox for intrepid.

ACTION: sommer to use bug 273486 to outline the openldap change.

ACTION: sommer to use bug 255368 to outline the fix for the authentication.

ACTION: zul to look at uploading the latest stable release of ebox to jaunty.

[2]: https://launchpad.net/~asommer/+archive

==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, January 13th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer http://www.ubuntu.com

Old 01-07-2009, 08:38 PM
"Dustin Kirkland"

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Mathias Gug <mathiaz@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> ==== Screen Profiles ====
>
> kirkland has been collecting screen profiles and hacks to provide them in a
> screen-profile package. mathiaz asked if there were any plans to enable screen
> by default on an new Ubuntu Server installation. kirkland explained that he
> was aiming at getting it included into main and shipped on the server cd.
> Moreover the first time screen is run a list of profiles would be shown.
>
> Some work has been done on implementing a task bar in screen so that applets
> could be easily added.
>
> ACTION: kirkland to upload a new version of the screen-profile package

Done. In queue at:
* https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/jaunty/+queue

> ACTION: kirkland to create a wiki page to outline how-to implement a taskbar
> in screen

I don't think your "ACTION" quote is quite accurate here. At least I
don't understand it, as written.

I took this "to-do" to mean creating the spec/design document of what
we're going for, with respect to screen-profiles. As such, I created:
* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreenProfiles

Cheers,
:-Dustin