Old 12-02-2008, 07:29 PM
"Jens Riboe"

Default SV: vmbuilder questions

Hi,

Please, forgive me if I'm chiming in, missing the point.

I just want to comment on the fragment below.
>> This gave me hope regarding being able to build and use vm's but
>> it seems the page presupposes a considerable amount of
>> understanding I don't have.

I recently found myself in the same situation, and had to spend some
amount of time figuring out how to make it tick. Eventually, I got kvm and
networking ticking and decided to write about my findings.
* http://www.ribomation.com/2008/09/23/virtualization-ubuntu/
*
http://www.ribomation.com/2008/11/20/convenient-installation-of-ubuntu-kvm/

Perhaps, the first entry can be of some help for people starting fresh with
virtualization.

Best regards,
/jens