Old 12-15-2007, 04:59 PM
"Adam Sommer"

Default Backup Documentation Help

Hello,

I've been working on a Backups section for the server guide.* The plan at this point is to give some examples of using a shell script with tar to create archive files on a NFS share, and using a tape drive.* There are three versions of the script one with a simple 7 day rotation scheme, one with a grandfather-father-son rotation, and one sending the data to a tape drive.

I currently don't have access to a tape drive so I was wondering if someone who does could help test the script and make sure it works as advertised?* It would also be great to test the other scripts further as well.* Also, any feedback regarding the article is greatly appreciated.*

I've attached the html version of the current server guide, but I didn't include any of the CSS files, which makes things look rather plain.* If you want to see the guide in all it's glory you can check out the bzr repo here:
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/ubuntu-doc/ubuntu-hardy.*

Thanks all.
--

Party On,