Aaron Toponce wrote:
> Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
>> is there a step by step guide to install Ubuntu Server 8.04 using kickstart
>> Any pointers ???
> Install system-config-kickstart- a GUI for creating kickstart files.
> However, kickstart in Ubuntu doesn't support RAID or LVM. I think
> everything else works out of the box though.
Other stuff not supported by Ubuntu's implementation of Kickstart:
- PAM/NSS configuration for network directory service (authconf stuff)
- LILO bootloader configuration (but who would want that?)
- Upgrade (not relevant in Ubuntu case; we upgrade in-place using apt)
o Partitioning limited to a single disk
o Checking a disk for bad sectors
o RAID/LVM, as you explained
- Driver disk support
- No "device" command to specify additional kernel module
- Installing from NFS or local hard disk
- Package exclusion in the %packages section
... And a few other less relevant tidbits.
Thanks to nijaba for the above info.
Etienne Goyer, Senior Ubuntu System Support Analyst
Ubuntu Certified Instructor
ubuntu-server mailing list
More info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam