Old 10-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Mathias Gug

Default Server Team 20081028 meeting minutes

Hi,

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with
the irc logs here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20081028.

==== iscsi in intrepid ====

mathiaz reported that iscsi in intrepid does not support connecting to more
than one target at the same time. The issue is a mismatch between the kernel
and the user space version. kirkland prepared a fix by using the latest
version from upstream. The release team decided to not include it in the
release and to get it fixed via a Stable Release Update. A section covering
this issue will also be added to the Release Notes.

==== Server FAQ ====

nijaba noticed that the Server FAQ[1] was outdated. He asked for help to start
updating the page. sommer offered his help and will start by listing the
questions that the FAQ should answer.

ACTION: sommer and nijaba to review the list of questions to be included in
the Server FAQ.

[1]: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ServerFaq

==== Ubuntu "easy server" for the home user ====

xivulon presented his thoughts on creating a dumbed down web interface for
home users. He created a wiki page[2] to present his ideas. nealmcb pointed to
wiki page[2] covering a similar topic. mathiaz mentioned the wiki page[2] spec
written by ScottK. More discussion will probably take place during UDS.

[2]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZeroConfServer

==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====

Due to the time change it was decided to move the meeting one hour back to
16:00 UTC.

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, November 4th at 16:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

--
Mathias Gug
Ubuntu Developer http://www.ubuntu.com

Old 10-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Neal McBurnett

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 02:22:49PM +0000, Mathias Gug wrote:
> Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with
> the irc logs here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20081028.

Thanks again, Mathias - very prompt as usual! Here are two changes:

> ==== Ubuntu "easy server" for the home user ====
>
> xivulon presented his thoughts on creating a dumbed down web interface for
> home users. He created a wiki page[2] to present his ideas. nealmcb pointed to
> wiki page[2] covering a similar topic. mathiaz mentioned the wiki page[2] spec
> written by ScottK. More discussion will probably take place during UDS.
>
> [2]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZeroConfServer

The page I pointed to was on brainstorm:
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/68/

Scott's spec is here:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/server-flavors

Neal McBurnett http://neal.mcburnett.org/